Writer's Retreat Cabin
$140/night, single/double occupancy, 2 night minimum
2 people maximum
10% discount 3-6 nights * 20% discount 7 nights to 3 weeks * 33% discount for 4 weeks
NOT Child friendly or dog suitable
Holidays & Special College weekends require 3 night minimum
* the state, local & hospitality taxes add up to approximately 12%. This is additional to the rate of the cabin.
This early 1900s cabin is made of bits & pieces of other cabins and added onto a small cabin brought from another location in Virginia. The cabin is sweet and feels like a cozy nest.. a perfect place to curl up and read, be inspired to write your own book, bring your art supplies for a little plein aire painting or just plain relax on the front sitting porch watching the day and wildlife go by. Leather furniture & a signed piece of art for a coffee table create a comfortable living room space to entice its guests. The bedroom is upstairs. You will find its wool pillow top mattress a delight to dream on. The bedroom is filled with natural light from windows on both sides of the room. Add a reclining wing-backed chair for another place to lean back and release any tensions that might have hitched a ride with you to the farm. The bathroom, with its antique claw-foot tub/shower, is on the first floor. You will find 2 Adirondack chairs on the front sitting porch where you will most likely be able to participate in the rising sun and the setting sun, not to mention the moonshine through the bedroom windows. On the back deck is a gas grill, and in the yard is a circular picnic table with umbrella.
Entire home fully outfitted
- 1 Q bed upstairs (4 sleeping pillows)
- Living Room has leather sofa (2 seat cushions) & leather chair
- CD player, CD library
- Small Book Library
- Modern kitchen with high counter top
- Circular Dining Table for 4
- Modernized bathroom with antique claw-foot tub/shower
- Gas grill with propane provided
SLEEPING & LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
We accept only the number of guests that are comfortably suitable for each cabin. This depends upon the number of beds in a particular cabin as well as sofa and dining space. There are no cots, air mattresses available or extra linens available. We provide linens only for the beds in each cabin. This cabin has 1 queen sized bed. There is no door on the 2nd floor bedroom. It is open to the living room and not suitable for any adult uncomfortable with maneuvering steps in the nighttime with a flashlight. Reminder: Antique claw-foot tubs are high and are not suitable for people with any physical challenges. MAX 2 people
Even though we are a 'self-catering' retreat property we still have our Bed & Breakfast mindset so we supply much more. We want our guests to have everything reasonably possible already at the cabin so clothes, food and personal items are all that is needed.
- kitchen ware: silverware, pots/pans, dishes, glasses *linens/4 sleeping pillows for each bed * dish soap
- towels *Essentials: bath soap, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner
- toilet paper * paper towels * basic condiments * hairdryer * hangers * coffee pot/'starter' coffee & teas
- 2 robes * iron
- base board heat & a/c units
- 1-2 fans * laptop friendly workplace * free parking
- 24 hour check-in **note: mobile reception; no internet
IMPORTANT: Please Have a terrific time & come back soon!